TEARS FOR CHRISTMAS



As many spent countless hours and dollars prepping for the holidays with great excitement and joy, there are also many who dread the reality of another Christmas almost here. For many, the seasons is a time to max out their credit cards, give their kids everything they want, and do what it takes to have a wonderful day. To others, well, Christmas is a simple and loving day to spend with family and friends through dinner, maybe going to church, or staying home in pajamas with some hot chocolate and some good old fashion movies. Just as so many celebrate with spending, drinking, dancing or just hugs and kisses, there are also many folks who experience great loneliness and sadness as their thoughts and their memories give way to depressive moments where they even end of hating the holidays and wishing for death.

I can remember times in my life where we didn't have much of anything, nothing for gifts and even a meal seemed a miracle away. Many people don't want to deal with their past hurts or present pain. Families have just gone through the death of a loved one, the loss of a job, or a difficult situation. I know what it's like to be without work during the holidays. I know what it's like to feel helpless when I've allowed myself to focus on my problems and not on God's promises for me. Regardless if it is Christmas, Easter, or Halloween, God's Word is alive and effective to reach down into your pain, when you feel alone and even angry, and God can and will do a great work in your life if you run to the Lord in the midst of your anguish.




Tears. We all cry. Joy or sadness makes way for tears to flow. I hope your tears represent joy. But, if they don't, I pray that your tears will bring you to a place where you can surrender every part of your life to the One who is the main character in the Christmas story. I pray that your heart will open up to receive the love that was poured out from heaven and still today, even now, is poured out like soft snow, and refreshing rain into your hurts and broken life. I pray that you will find the path that leads your tears into the Presence of the Lord, the One who wipes all tears and heals you.

Maybe you just don't care much about Christmas this year. I can share that last year I didn't even have a living room space to sit in and have Christmas dinner. My finances were at a thinning point and well, so much was going wrong. But, I placed it all in God's hands and never stop placing my tears at the feet of Jesus. 


This weekend, my kids decorated our Christmas tree. We're decorating our small farm house. To many it's not a big deal, but to me, our new home is a blessing. It's been super difficult with the traveling, getting sick a lot and so many issues that have come our way since we moved. But, I also count this Christmas a new beginning in our home. God has blessed us with being closer to my family, especially my parents. My children have a living space we didn't have before. And, the Lord has restored us by giving us a home church where we've been able to be transparent and share our broken lives, our hurts and our imperfections. We've been embraced and taken in as if we have always belonged. 



Problems may never end and you and I will experience let down and heartaches. There will be times to hold back tears and other times to let them flow. And, if they are present during Christmas or any time in your life, I pray in Jesus' name that you will abandon your heart to God's care and allow Him to show you that everyday is worth living and worth trusting in His love and in His care. God is for you, not against you. He has a wonderful plan for your life, so please don't give up. Hold on to Him. This too shall pass. I am a living witness that the storms don't stay forever. God still speaks to the storms and commands them to stop. I pray for God's peace to visit your heart today and embrace you in a special way the very same way I pray each day that Holy Spirit cares for my family and watches over my children, my parents and my family. God is good. He is able to do great things in our lives.




Tears for Christmas? I pray they turn into tears of joy. God wants to fill your life with gladness. Put on some music and dance away. Worship the Lord and bless Him. You will see how He will turn your sadness into dancing and your tears will wiped away.

Written by Angeline M Duran Santiago

Comments