Know God, Seek God, but also Know Your Enemy

By Angeline M Duran Santiago

We learn as much as we can about surviving and getting through the daily motions of life. We're born into a world that sometimes seems like a jungle, a war zone almost, and we're expected to thrive through all the storms and all the crazy moments that come our way as we go from year to year. For some, along the way, we learn about a loving Heavenly Father who sees our distress and knows our condition. He knows us so well, that He plans ahead of time to make a way for us to succeed in our lifetime, if we so choose to accept His plan for our lives and let His love inspire and light our path. 

Many times, we stray away from the path, and yet in our worst condition, a condition of the heart and mind that moves away from God and peers into the darkness or is entrapped by sin, still in that covering of sin and pain, God still bends down to listen to our cry and takes us out of our mess.



We are told to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit and to listen to the Lord at all times. We are rarely told to be alert and pay attention to the adversary, because this too should be something we are aware of. Just as we desire to get closer to the Lord, so also there is an enemy of God that is seeking to get closer to us. Yes, God is with us and He is our protector. This doesn't mean the devil takes a break to leave us alone. He is looking for the many ways he can enter our lives to bring havoc, some disturbance, and shake us just enough to get our eyes off of the Lord and on to our situation.

Our foe is ancient. He has experienced the way humanity moves, feels and reacts in situations time and time again. He observes what draws men to certain attractions and what helps another fall into despair. For this reason, we must do our best, no matter how tired and how burdened with daily tasks we find ourselves, we must make God's presence a priority. Oh, this is such a challenge when you work so early and have to be at work for a long portion of your day. This is so hard when you come home and it's already bedtime, you're exhausted, maybe cooking dinner and just wanting to soak in the tub and go to bed.



Still, remember that the next minute in your life is not promised. No one is your life is promised life when the sun rises again. The attacks on your life will never cease and the problems around you remain whether you are strong in the Lord sometimes or too tired to pray. Life doesn't stop and wait for you to feel like praying or feel like seeking the Lord. Your reality doesn't change just because you think it can. We have to, I have to, get up and seek the Lord because He alone is my help and my fortress, my Refuge and my Deliverer, My God in whom I can trust.

God alone is my shield and the Lifter of my head. God is my Healer even and I keep declaring it until my son is healed. I must continue to declare the victory when I still don't see a complete breakthrough in my home and we are still going through difficulties. We were not born with the knowledge on how to survive, but once we were born again, God has supplies us with weapons of warfare in the spiritual realm, so that through our prayers and our praise we can cast down imaginations, bring down principalities and rulers in high places, command sickness to leave in Jesus name and stand firm,trusting in His power to prevail in our lives.



I'm going to take some time now to practice what I've shared. I need some alone time with my Jesus. I want to keep the fire burning and when it's starting to get low, I want the Lord to renew me and restore me. Keep the fire burning in my heart, Lord. Keep your presence ever kindled and true in me. My family needs you daily. Fill my home with your presence. Let your presence remove what needs to be removed and put all things in order. Rain upon us today. Shower us with your love. Remove the hurts, the veil on our eyes, and heal us. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Comments