The Pain is Real

By Angeline M Duran Santiago

Image result for God in my pain

I do not make light of someone's pain. Pain is real.
I also would never say someone is weak because they're expressing their pain.
It takes a lot to endure physical pain that is intended through a workout, a competition, as well as deep inside pain that comes from an injury or sickness.
Many also suffer with emotional issues that cause them mental anguish and find themselves with a broken heart  unable to cope in this life. Some have their mind torn, tormented and confused and their pain is real as well.
I do not ignore the validity or the truth of pain.

I do push for being strong in the midst of pain.
I promote holding on to your faith when life hurts.
To me, it is necessary to have a source that you can run to, grab a hold of, when you're in any kind of pain. To me, that source is the Word of God, the Living King Himself.

I can choose to focus on my body that is falling apart or I can choose to focus on my Healer.
My mind can become fixated on what keeps pushing against me so that I cannot move, I am unable to function as before, and I'm pushed to remain still so I don't feel the pain. Or, my mind can begin to think on encouragement that comes from the Lord and find my strength to move and take the next step in Him, through Him.

I hear people in pain cry out, and the pain is so deep that they even curse.
We forget God's care, His love, and His ability to draw near to us when and if we draw near to Him.
Draw near, come close, align myself with who He is and what He has promised to do in my life.
God and God alone keeps me strong when I am weak. He helps me to take my next step when I'd much rather stay under the blanket, drowning in my hurts and my problems. Having faith in God allows me to push through like a fighter in the boxing ring and my mind becomes clear so that I can see the enemy coming against me to knock me down. My eyes on God allow me to see that God is with me in the battle, God is present when I am thrown into the fire, and when I feel abandoned in the lion's den.

The pain is real. Life hurts.
God is greater than all our fears, all our hurts, and every problem.
Let us hold on to Him this day.
He will not fail us.

Comments