SENT HERE FOR A REASON

part one



Jonathan Kent:   You’re the answer, son.  You’re the answer to “are we alone in the universe”.
Clark Kent at 13:   Can’t I just…  keep pretending I’m your son?
Jonathan Kent:   You ARE my son.  And I have to believe that you were sent here for a reason.  And even if it takes the rest of your life, you owe it to yourself to find out what that reason is.

Superman movie 2013


Superman is believed to have been somehow created to resemble Jesus Christ.Ever wonder if as a youth, Jesus Christ questioned his purpose, why he was here on this Earth, the way young Clark does here?  I love the answer Jonathan Kent gives his son, Clark Kent in the 2013 Superman movie. "Even if it takes your whole life, find out your purpose." Here is my mind, open and exposed on this quote.



     Jesus knew from the very beginning who He was and what His divine purpose was while walking through Jerusalem and nearby towns. I believe He lived with the imagery of His ultimate last moments but even more, saw ahead of what would be gained at the end of His sacrifice. I'm convinced His mind was filled with faces of humanity's needs, shame, darkness, sickness and struggles. Those were perhaps the very things that strengthened his purpose to drag himself closer to the cross. When He was on the cross, we were on His mind.


Jor-El:   You can save them…  You can save all of them.
Superman movie 2013

     I believe Jesus probably winced at the thought of the physical and mental pain He would experience. Ultimately, He was convinced this heavenly plan was the only way to reach out to mankind. It's impossible to accept that God would give up His Son unto death for no reason. Death on a cross by Jesus would bring about life for mankind. Jesus would never remain in a state of death. He was and is life and was demonstrating that He was not only able to give Life but to overpower death.


    I realize that in today's society, the cross seems powerless to many. His reason for being on that cross, seems a reason to make Christians out to be dumb, uneducated and needy people who need something to believe in.

So, what was Jesus' purpose for going to the cross?


To heal our hurts.... PROVIDE HEALING

     Upon His body, He voluntarily carried every pain, every sorrow, all the stress and anxiety we would  feel. Upon His body, He carried every infirmity, every sickness, every disease, every affliction, all of our burdens, every unhealed part of the body, every damaged nerve, disability, limitation and deteriorating cell, and every part that is unwell, He carried each one, on His body.           


To bring freedom.....RENEW AND RESTORE     
    
     Upon His body, with every strike, laid upon Him was depression, sadness, madness, and fears, worries, brokenness, lack of confidence, and every lie ever spoken into our lives.
     He destroyed the enemy's plans against us, cancelled every plan to confuse you and condemn you.


Upon His body, He carried every sin, every deceit, every addiction, every guilt carried in our minds from our wrongful actions, every wicked deed, every punishment meant for us was upon His back.


TO GIVE US A PURPOSE...HAVE FAITH, BELIEVE IN HIM.

     The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,
Isaiah 61:1


He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by His wounds you have been healed. 1 Peter 2:24


     But He was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. he was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed.

      Clark Kent's earthly dad, Jonathan Kent, challenged him to find out his reason for being sent to this world. Someone that follows after this story knows that He recognizes his reason is to be there for humanity. 

      In even a greater way, Jesus Christ, is here for humanity. He is here for you and I. He is, after all, believe it or not, the one and only real Superman. 

Lord, I know that so many around me are still not healed or filled with peace. And although I do not see freedom from these sicknesses, I choose to believe every word I've printed here. I wait upon you, Lord. I declare your word is truth. You came to heal and bring life. I speak it over my son, over my life, my family and every person that reads this blog. In Jesus name. Amen.

PART TWO: 

WHAT IS YOUR REASON FOR BEING HERE?


Comments