I HEARD MY BIBLE SAY....

By Angeline M Duran Santiago

Humor me for a bit and let's consider what I say...

I heard my Bible say, "Hey, girl. I'm just wondering when you're going to come over here so we can chat?"
Looking around, not sure where the sounds are coming from I continue to iron my clothes. You see, I have to get ready to go to work. "I know there's a lot of stuff going on in the head of yours. I can hear a hundred different conversations going on all at once. I have a few words I'd like you to consider before you continue with your busy schedule."
I pause and wonder, "Am I going crazy?"


The Red Book seems to get up from the table on the right side of my bed, and it  just sits on my bed, facing me, challenging me, inviting me.
"Take a break now for the day ahead is going to be long."
But I keep ironing. I have to do my hair. Will I have time for some makeup?
Pages begin to flip open and move on their own and a soft lift radiates from within.


These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.   John 16:33

And there it is.
The invitation.
The invitation to acknowledge He will help me through my day. I don't have to stress it. I just have to know that life is full of moments that will make me or break me, but God's words is saying, "You can have PEACE in the midst of each moment."

I turn off the iron. Dismiss the rush in my mind.
Sitting on the side of the bed, I pick up my Bible, God's Letter to me.
I read for a while and then a desire to just say thank you rises from within me.
Before I was overwhelmed, but what a change now.
Thank you Lord.
Thank you.

Have you heart your Bible call out to you today? How will you respond? Will you keep on going about your busy day or will you take the time to just sit for a few minutes and soak in the Words of Life?

Comments