WHEN I JUST CAN'T .......




Fill in the blank:    When I just can't _____________.

You know, the first word or words that came to your mind.
Mine was pray and go on. Maybe yours in believe, hope, trust, start over, keep going, love, forgive.
Only you know the rest of the sentence.
There is a phrase that has been like a broken record in my mind for many years.
"When I don't know what to do, I turn to You..."

Somehow those words became a song in my head. 
When I just can't pray, I just turn to the Lord and say it like it is. Lord, I don't even know where to start. I've learned to just be silent and wait. I've learned it is not my timing or my way of doing things, but His.
When I just can't forgive, I turn to you, Lord.

You have forgiven things that in my strongest moment, I don't know if I ever could.
You forgave those that mocked you, hurt you, beat you, whipped you, cursed you, and killed you.
Yet not once did you see them while they were doing wrong.
You chose to see who and what was behind what they were doing.
Heavenly eyes saw the demonic powers at work, manipulating every move.
That is why you were able to forgive.
You looked past their wrong doing, my weakness, their mess, my mess, and your forgave.
When I just can't love because it hurts too much, I turn to You.
I ask You to take my heart, that has turned cold, bitter, angry, and spiteful.
Hold my heart in your pierced hands and burn the ugliness only You can see. Remove it all.

When I just can't try again, I turn to You.
You open my eyes to see heaven's host cheering me on through the most difficult moment. You reach down and pull me up, out of the deep sinking sand. You wrap Your arms around me and carry me out of the wreckage, and put me upon The Rock.
You carry me away and give me refuge so that no one can hurt me.

Today, I struggle to get on my knees before You, Lord. But, I will turn to You and believe.
I will surrender to you and hope beyond what my natural eyes can see.
Today, I feel like I'm so tired that I don't want to do anything else, I don't want to fight, I'm so tired of waiting. But, I know this is not what the destination you have asked me to stop at.

I choose to write....
I WILL TURN TO YOU........I WILL TURN TO YOU....     I WILL TURN TO YOU...



I don't know if you have been in this place before or find yourself here right now. Can we hold hands in prayer and come before the Lord, who hears us, who is able to do great things, today.
I will be praying for you. I will. For I cannot and will not stay as I am and neither can you.

Your comments and prayer requests are always welcomed. God bless you.

Comments