WILL YOU STAY DOWN FOR THE COUNTDOWN?


Have you ever felt like giving up? Have you thought of quitting?

 Perhaps you have been in a place in your life where you felt like you were cornered and there was no way out but down, as the knockout blow came and you felt yourself plummeting downward, waiting for the final count down. 3, 2, 1……..You know the words that come next, don’t you? You said them in your mind as you were looking at the numbers. I refuse to finish the countdown. I just can’t do it.


You see, I know what it feels like to be in a desperate situation where your world has crumbled at your feet, nothing is going right, and as the world goes on without you, all your heart knows is defeat.


Defeat over what didn't happen or over how things played out in your life.
Defeat and despair over the situations that have appeared before you and there is nothing you can do quickly enough to change any of it.
Defeat that reminds you how everyone expects more from you and these words should never be uttered from your lips, but you have held them in your heart.
Defeat that knocks you so hard, that you head hurts, your body aches, and you feel without the strength to get up again.


So are you and I going to stay down for the final countdown?  Are we going to hear the bell that declares our situation is greater, stay down, knock out, don't get up and fight?

There’s a referee calling out your name and giving you his hand, saying, “Get up!”

Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

There is a lawyer, an advocate, standing before you, saying, “Let’s walk through this together.”

Psalm 9:9 The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you.



Can you trust in God and believe that what you are going through will not be forever? Have you felt like throwing in the towel, like they say, and not trying anymore? Please don’t. Can we believe for restoration together?

Romans 8:6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

I can speak boldly for I have been in that dark place of doubt and wondering if anything would change for me. At times, I just wondered if my prayers would even pass my bedroom ceiling. Today I need to remind you that there is a reason to go on, to believe and keep holding on. God is not done with you or with me. The answer is coming. You help is on the way. The solution is around the corner. Assistance has been sent your way. Angels have been dispatched to your side to watch over you so you don’t lose heart. God’s Spirit is not gone. He is there. God is not done with any of us. Believe the best is yet to come. We have to keep our faith in His Word. It's the only way.

Your comments are always welcomed. Be blessed.






Comments