NOTHING TO HIDE, SO DANCE IT OFF




JUST DANCE!




Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable. 
Hebrews 4:13


What can I hide from the Lord? The answer is absolutely nothing. So the fact that today I don’t feel like a super anything is no surprise to him. Have you ever had a day like that? You know there are a billion things to do but you just can’t seem to get started?

Laundry says, “Yoo-hoo!” The dishes call out, “Over here, my dear!” The bathroom smells out at you, “Honey, as soon as you’re ready, like really, any time now.” And life is just pulling at your from all different directions and you just want to yell, “STOP!”


Nothing is hidden from God. I am naked, completely exposed before Him. He sees right down into the spaces the broom cannot get to. He knows when we smile but are really weary. He knows when we are trying so hard, putting in extra hours emotionally, and everyone else around you seems to just be around for the ride, waiting on you.

The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights. Habakkuk 3:19

Today, if you’re like me, you may not feel like doing much. But the love you have for your family will give you the energy to do what needs to get done. And this I've know, God is my strength. He is your strength, too. He makes our feet like “Beep Beep!” the Road Runner, or like Speedy Gonzalez, “Andale!”, excuse me, like the deer.
 I love the word tread here. According to Webster’s definition of the word tread, I can walk on or over the heights, I can beat or press with my feet on the high places, I can proceed along on the heights, I can subdue or repress on the heights, I can execute by stepping or dancing, I can set foot as where others fear to tread, and I can keep the body nearly upright in the water and the head above water by a treading motion of the feet usually aided by the hands. The high places are the mountains and the loads of things before me and you that seem always incomplete, always need our attention and never get finished. Dance over them!


We're not going to sink in all the "stuff" that sometimes overwhelms us. We're not going to despair or drown! We're going to trample, walk upon and dance upon those things that are in the way. We will accomplish what needs to get done because the truth is, and God knows it. If we don't get up and do it and get others to help out, it won't get done. You just have to get up and do it! We can't ignore reality. Why not have some fun while we take care of business? Put in that homemade burnt CD.


In other words, God has already provided the ability for me to get up and go when those days come and  I really don’t want to get up and face life. He knows when I feel exhausted from just thinking and He reminds me to find the medicine and vitamins I need in His Word. I’m so glad I found Habakkuk 3:19. I will leap to the highest heights in Jesus name today and hope you join me. I offer you my hand at this moment and invite you to hold on because I'm going to run up to the beat and then, I'm dancing into the kitchen. I don't know where you're going, but, dance it out!

Comments