CHURCH, CULT, INSANITY OR PROFANITY?

DO I CALL THEM A CHURCH, A CULT, OR INSANE?

Exhibit A:       The Westboro Baptist Church, Topeka, Kansas



This group's leader has taught them that they have a Biblical and Godly right to do what they do. So, what exactly are they doing that according to the Scriptures is God's mandate to follow?
  • they picket, harass and try to stop funeral services and burials of people they feel are the scum of this world, celebrities, and children killed for no reason
  • they go to parades and hold up signs that say, "God hates you!"
  • their message is to pray for more dead soldiers
  • they picket funerals of soldiers sent home for burial
  • when they speak, hatred, poor hatred comes forth
I can go on but you will have to research them for more examples.


HOW CAN I SAY THIS IS NOT THE CHRISTIANITY I KNOW?

The Bible says in Matthew 7:16, that people will know us by our fruits, in other words, how we behave. Now, I'm not even close to perfect but I sure hope people see at least one in me. 
 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy,peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. (Galatians 5:22-23) Is this group showing at least self-control? Well, you do the research and get back to me on that one.



God draws us near to Him. He doesn't push us away.
Jeremiah 31:3 Long ago the Lord said to Israel: "I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself."

God doesn't want us to just love other Christians, but everyone, all kinds of people involved in all kinds of sin. 
John 13:35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples. We are not to endorse or applaud the sinful behavior. We are there to point people to God's plan and I haven't heard one of them preaching about the reason Jesus dies on the cross, not yet.

Didn't Jesus die on the cross for messed up people like ourselves? We deserved death too! Or did we forget we were in sin and darkness before we surrendered our crazy lives into the hands of a Mighty God? 

You know John 3:16.



Just because I have chosen to live my life according to the commandments and principles in the Bible, does not qualify me to go attacking, protesting and disrupting the lives of people that have not chosen the same relationship with Christ. Can you imagine me trying to stop a funeral?

We are called to be peacemakers. 
We are called to represent Christ. 

How can this so called pastor possibly be using the Bible as his guide?

1 Peter 2:12 Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world. 



Should we copy this group and begin to hate them? Absolutely no! It's time to pray for them. They are a voice of hatred in the name of church, Christianity, the Bible and Our Heavenly Father. Pray for the world to identify them for who they are. Pray for those members that haven't taken the time to really read their Bible and discover the lies and heresy being taught by their pastor. Lord, lead them to you.


#CULT #WESTBORO #WESTBOROCHURCH #WESTBOROBAPTIST #WESTBOROBAPTISTCHURCH #RELIGION #false #falsedoctrine #hatred #religious #fanatics #bible #love #protest #hateful

Comments