DESPERATE TIMES

"Desperate times call for desperate measures."
-Quote written by unknown


“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” 




For most, the year has ended on a positive note. We have been encouraged, even in the midst of a not so great situation in our lives. Saying "Happy New Year!" doesn't change the fact that we are still sick, broke or fed up with our situation. For many, the year has ended or begun with deep sadness, the loss of a child, the news of sickness spreading throughout the body or coming back, the loss of a job or signs to file for a divorce.


You know who you are and what you are facing today. Desperation has entered your home and you sit there having an eye staring contest to see who blinks first. You wonder who is to blame for this madness. Eyes looking upward, you even question God. God who has been there before, ever faithful and true, could He have finally turned on you, too? You feel like Job. Someone placed a bet using your sanity and is waiting for you to breakdown and die.


Desperate times are in your corner and you will have to decide how you will fight this one. You don't want to hear my words of comfort. I am not offering them because the truth is, you are not going to be alright for a long time. It's going to hurt for some time and it's not going to be easy. But, you are going to have to make it each day, somehow. You are going to have to crawl out of your hole of desperation and pain in order to live life, if just a little. 

These are the words I can offer you.
These words have helped me roll out of bed when depression lingered, they pushed me onward when sickness came to stay, they lifted me and carried me when I wanted to be alone in my pain and sadness. I dragged myself to a chair and picked up God's Word.     
                   God's Word.     
                                   HIS WORDS.


Matthew 8:8 showed me a man who trusted in God's healing. The Centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed."

In 2 Samuel 21:10-11, I found Rizpah, a woman broken and desperate, yet unwilling to abandon the dead bodies of her sons. In her deepest pain, her strength and desire for justice was stronger.


Mark 5:15 reminded me of a tormented man who was set free at the word of Jesus. And the people came to see what it was that had happened. And they came to Jesus and saw the demon-possessed man, the one who had had the legion, sitting there, clothed and in his right mind, and they were afraid.

I can show you hundred of moments were people were hurting, abandoned, broken and in despair. Yet, each time, God's Word had an answer, a way out, help.



My challenge to you in your moment is to find a place where you can pour your heart out to God. Maybe, you can't even pray and all you can do right now is cry or just vent. Whatever it takes, do it. Desperate times are here and you must take desperate measures. If your boat was sinking, you'd try to get to shore. Then, go! Make it to shore. I am right behind you. I am cheering you on. Cry out to God. I am committing myself to a life of prayer different from the one I've been holding on to. I know prayer works because I pray to a God that is real and alive.

I've experienced God heal me and heal my family and friends. 


Dear Friend, I hope you don't think I am making your pain and heartbreak small. I know it is bigger and deeper than the ocean and that it will take time to feel complete again. For now, take my advice, from one who has been there and is still working many things out, run to God's Word. Meditate on God's Word and pray. Even if all you can do is stay still and stay quiet, do it, but ask God to come and have His way in your life and your situation.
I've placed some Psalms here to get you started in God's word today. Just click on them and be encouraged.

Psalm 18-The Lord Praised for Giving Deliverance.

Psalme 69-A Cry of Distress

Psalm 143-Prayer for Deliverance and Guidance.


Need prayer? Email your prayer request to aduran1118@gmail.com



#prayer #hopeless #despair #desperation #desperate #helpless #death #loss #crisis #pain #sickness #christian #Godhears #godanswersprayer #youarenotalone #lonely #loneliness #broken #heartache #disease #prison #family #quit #hope #angieduran #christianblogger #bible #godsword 

Comments