FIVE GROUPS THAT NEED YOU DAILY



1-MY CHILDREN

1 Samuel 1:27-28 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD.


When my children were very small, bedtime prayers became times of intercession and coming before the Lord. My children were often sick. Many nights they were filled with fear and called out to me. As I entered their bedroom, the Lord showed me how to engage in times of prayer until peace flooded the bedroom and they fell asleep. I remember asking them many times if they had prayer requests. 

We prayed for teachers, upcoming tests, and kids that were being mean at school. Time goes on, our children grow up, and these prayer times become quick bedtime prayers, no longer personal or intimate. It is important to never neglect the foundations we’ve laid in regards to prayer. If this time has been lost in your home, retake it and bring it back into your nighttime routines.

2- MY SPOUSE

"For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them." Matthew 18:20

As newlyweds, I looked forward to praying with my husband and sharing my Bible study time with him. As he began his night time job, things quickly changed and I was alone a lot with my children. I was soon alone in my prayer and Bible study time as well. We no longer had that time we shared in the past. 

Recently, life hit us hard and we found ourselves praying together in the midst of our exhaustion. It was then I shared with him that it doesn’t matter when we pray together, but that we pray together at some point during the day or night. Praying as a couple and as parents is powerful. At least, I believe so. There is something that happens when we cry out to the Lord as one. God hears our cry as we pray for our children, parents and every situation we bring before Him. If this is an area that has been affected in your life, find ways to bring about the renewed times of prayer, together.

3- MY PARENTS AND SIBLINGS


My mom has always been a woman of prayer. I know perhaps she doesn’t believe me when I say she is the poster child for a prayer warrior. I remember in my teens, being able to share many things with my mom and how every conversation led to taking every issue to the Lord in prayer. I remember watching television at night and then tiptoeing to my room, thinking mom was asleep. I’d pass her room to find her on her knees, praying for us, for her family that is far away and for our church family.

My brothers went through many health challenges early in life and in those moments we were challenged with keeping our faith. My mom was a constant voice of strength and hope those days. No matter what happened, she reminded us to pray. Before we went into the day, we prayed. She faced every situation bathed in prayer. If I called her from work, we’d pray over the things I’d share with her. She was always ready to pray. To this day, mom continues to be the hands that hold our family up strong when we face battles and difficulties. She didn’t just talk about praying, she taught us a life of prayer through example.

Oh, the great victories won, when parents leave a legacy of prayer for their children and generations to come!

4-MY FRIENDS AND CO-WORKERS

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.



We live in a world where Christians are told to keep their faith under covers,incognito, while every other faith is tolerated, promoted, respected and acknowledged. Still, someone that truly loves the Lord will fearlessly and without shame, sooner or later, let God’s glory shine through in what they do. We’re called to be a light and a light hidden under a table can’t shine. Christians can’t work by hiding under tables. So, it’s inevitable, that sooner or later, someone will ask or we’ll share our faith.

Sharing our faith is important because we work and associate with people that have needs. I remember always feeling the outcast at work and being kept out of social gatherings. But, when someone was sick, going through a tough time in their family, or just needed to talk, all of a sudden I existed. No, the God in my life was seen as the only hope and I became that bridge. I can’t tell you the joy I felt when I was able to be there for someone by either just listening or opening the doors of my home for dinner to be there for them. I was able to share scripture verses filled with hope, comfort and promises for what they needed at that time.


I’m not going to lie. Those relationships were just for a season as I was left on my own once all was taken care of. You see, I just needed to be there for their needs and God taught me to learn to appreciate those special moments of walking in His favor and grace. It was not about being popular but about being available. It was never about being noticed and applauded. God showed me it was never about me, and always about Him and His will for my friends and co-workers lives. 



5- MY CHURCH FAMILY

James 5:16- Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Life can be hard many times. We are confronted with shameful situations, discouraging news, issues we want to hide from and sin that seems to always be near. These are the moments we decide to share our prayer needs with someone we feel we can trust with the intimate details of our humanity. We come together to pray. We go into this as if in a battle until depression leaves, lives are changed and patterns of sin are broken. Our praying partners encourage us and keep us accountable to walk right before the Lord.

 I remember an older woman, many years ago, who always reminded me that the victory to whatever may come was on my knees. I would later learn that trusting people can be a painful experience as well. People will fail you and many times, if you don't seek the Lord's counsel and direction in choosing wisely, people will let you down because they are still human and many times don't practice what they preach. This is why we pray for each other and help one another. As Christians, we need one another not to put down or destroy, but to motivate, encourage and uphold.

Enjoy this song, "I give myself away"




#DailyPrayer #familyprayer #praywithchildren #devotionals #breakthrough #intercession #parentsthatpray #familythatprays #believe

Comments