|By Angeline M Duran Santiago|
Are you having a hard time getting up and off that warm, cozy bed of yours? If you clicked on today's blog, most likely, hopefully, you know you need your booster shot for today.
Do you know why you're struggling to get out of bed today? I believe you do. When we are not seeing our hopes and dreams become a reality in our lives, it seems easier to sleep away the sadness, the loneliness and the rejection letters that keep coming our way. Sleep overpowers us when we don't want to get up and face the let downs, the put downs, and the struggles. Heaviness keeps our head on the pillow to lull and anesthetize the conversations played out in our minds that are replayed reminders of our failures, mistakes and lack of success.
Have you been feeling like your quilt is your closest friend? If you're finding it harder and harder to get up and get going because of your present situation, then here are some tips to get you up and going today. It's time to rise from your bed.
- Do something for someone in your home this morning.(ex: Make breakfast for someone in your home)
- Find a room in your apartment to have quiet time, prayer time with the Lord and your Bible this morning. (Not in bed)
- Start a prayer journal and write out, or draw what's in your heart and on your mind. Then look for scripture to encourage you and add it to each day's writings.
- Select one room in your home today to clean, organize and bring to beauty. Create a joyful space.
- Get dressed and go out for a walk. Forget making coffee at home. Go out and treat yourself to a cup of coffee, breakfast, or lunch. Smile as you walk. Don't be afraid to say, "Hello."
- Volunteer. Sign up to volunteer somewhere you would love to work. There's greatness in you to be shared.
- Think of someone in your life that is going through a hard time and make them a letter or buy a card and send it to them.
- Remember someone that needs a "thank you" note and send it.
- Put on some songs you love, sing and enjoy them. Dance if you can!
- Look in the mirror and say, "God has great things for you!"