I AM, GREATER

 

GREATER.

I am, Greater.
Not I.
Not me.
I Am. 
He is.
He's always been.
Shall always be.
I Am, Greater.

You look in the mirror and all you see is everything you believe is wrong and no good.
God is greater.
You sit down to let your thoughts wander off and the past is strong, terrible, ugly and dark.
God is greater than the hurts and the darkness that keep you in that chair telling you that it's over.
God is the Great I Am.

In Exodus 3, I see Him (I AM) telling Moses that (vr.16) He is definitely concerned about you and everything that is going on and has taken place in your life. God knows what has been done to you in Egypt (this world, your past, this life you've lived here on Earth). God sees. God knows even the smallest things about your life and mine. 

God not only identifies Himself as "I AM", but He tells him to also speak to others about Him telling them that He is "I AM." God was saying here, "I am not blind to the injustice you have faced. I am not deaf to your cries. I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt." The great "I AM" was declaring to Moses and would promise through him that He was about to move upon his people. He was getting ready to move in the midst of those who would believe and those who would not care two cents who "I AM" was, is or claimed to be. He said, "I will bring you up out of the affliction." 

To me, I see these words "up out" together almost as if a farmer was working the ground and removing something forcefully out of the soil. I also love vrs.20 because I believe God was saying, "Look, I know what's going to happen when you get there and speak up. This is how it's going to go down, but get ready because this is what is going to happen....I am going to do miracles in their midst and after they see that I AM who I say I AM, get ready because after that, he will let you go."

 

After God does what He has to do in the eyes of this world, of those who hurt you, belittled you and have made your life seem worthless, God, the great "I AM" is declaring, "Get ready because he (the enemy) is going to let you go.  God was peacefully hanging out on His throne, seeing already ahead of time of what was going to take place through Moses and those who would go with him. Yes, God was speaking concerning the future of His people who were being held prisoner, being held captive, bound, not free and miserable. 

Doesn't that sound like where you and I have been before. For some, you are presently there. Bound. Not free. But, this scripture is declaring that God is getting ready to blow away what we have known as normal and He will do something great! The enemy of your life can no longer hold you captive in your heart, in your mind, in your body, and in your emotions. Get up tonight and walk towards the enemy with the name of the great, "I AM" in your lips. Speak with authority and declare that you are being set free in the Name of the Great I Am, because He is greater.

My friend,
If you are struggling in any area of your life, I pray that tonight you can be dressed with God's presence and that you will get up and have the courage to speak to the enemy that keeps you in darkness, bound, chained in sin and in depression. Get up and walk up to that enemy and speak out that the Great I AM is commanding you to speak up and tell that enemy to let you go. This is just for show so that the enemy can whine and complain and say, "No." But, we already read the next sentences and see where it says, "Yeah, he'll let you go!" You shall be free. Free in Christ.

That's why I wrote at the very beginning, I Am, Greater. God, Yahweh, Jehovah, Lord of Lords and King of Kings is greater! He sets you free!
 




Exodus 3 NASB version
 10“Therefore, come now, and I will send you to Pharaoh, so that you may bring My people, the sons of Israel, out of Egypt.” 11But Moses said to God, “Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the sons of Israel out of Egypt?”  

12And He said, “Certainly I will be with you, and this shall be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall worship God at this mountain.”   13Then Moses said to God, “Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you.’ Now they may say to me, ‘What is His name?’ What shall I say to them?” 14God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”  


15God, furthermore, said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is My memorial-name to all generations. 16“Go and gather the elders of Israel together and say to them, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, has appeared to me, saying, “I am indeed concerned about you and what has been done to you in Egypt. 17“So I said, I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt to the land of the Canaanite and the Hittite and the Amorite and the Perizzite and the Hivite and the Jebusite, to a land flowing with milk and honey.”’ 


18“They will pay heed to what you say; and you with the elders of Israel will come to the king of Egypt and you will say to him, ‘The LORD, the God of the Hebrews, has met with us. So now, please, let us go a three days’ journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the LORD our God.’ 19“But I know that the king of Egypt will not permit you to go, except under compulsion. 20“So I will stretch out My hand and strike Egypt with all My miracles which I shall do in the midst of it; and after that he will let you go. 

 

Comments