A CLEAN HEART

Image result for psalm 51:10 


 God created all that is. With His hands He formed and with His Words He spoke it and it became part of His creation, His wonderful creation. The Lord breathed into Adam and a part of the Eternal and Sovereign Lord was now in His beloved creation. I look at the word, “Create” and although it seems God is done with His Genesis creation, I see the opportunity for God to keep creating. I wonder how He feels when we read out Scripture that invite Him to put His hands back into the business of creating and working in the human heart, deep in our lives and in our situations?

 
“Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.” Psalm 51:10



Lord, create once again with the soil of my heart. Create with your holy hands by working on my unholy and so very needy heart. I’m not the only one, Lord. There are so many of us that are asking you to create, again, renew and restore. Create in me, in us, a clean heart. Create in me a heart that seeks to please you and longs to be right before you. With your hands, form inside of me a heart that can’t stop wanting to live each moment and breathe each moment after your heart. 


Renew. Make me new. Make me different from the inside out. Make me over. Completely new. My spirit, the me inside of me, needs to be transformed. But, it’s Your touch and your ability to create and renew and transform that my heart is crying out for today. 

Written by Angeline M Duran Santiago

Comments