I ALMOST FAINTED



Image result for I thought I would have fainted if not for the Lord


Psalm 27:13-14New King James Version (NKJV)

13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
14 Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!

Lately it has seemed as if so many different kinds of situations have plopped themselves on my lap. Just for a moment in time, there have been moments where the weight of those issues have fallen so heavy upon my chest. I've believed the way out of this situation and being a person of faith in the Lord, I've immediately confessed God being stronger and more powerful than the current waves crashing upon my environment. Still, in those very first moments, I join myself to verse 13 and can say that I also would have lost heart, I would have fainted and I would have given up, unless I had believed that through all the drama and the tumult coming against me, that I would most definitely see and experience the goodness of the Lord. I would experience it in the land of the living, meaning, God's goodness would provide for my lost heart while I am still in the process of going through. I would have fallen apart and gone crazy many, many times- literally, had my heart not learnt to wait, wait, wait and wait on the Lord.

It's hard to wait. But the outcome of waiting is the reward that comes when our prayers are answered and God does the unexpected. No, we were expecting, but I mean, when God does what only an amazing and sovereign God can do what we needed. It is worth all the great because then we rejoice and celebrate God's goodness. Our faith grows as we see God's goodness while we wait. We wait and we pray. We pray and we wait. If you see me you are going to say, "That's one crazy lady!" I pray wherever I am. I'm at a point in my life where I am not afraid to let people know I'm on a journey to being closer to the heart of God. I'm not afraid to praise the Lord in front of others. I've made the decision that He is first and He is real, so why live as if I have something or someone to hide.

I am tired. I won't lie. This journey uphill is often extremely exhausting. There are few water fountains left on the path. But, I've connected to the resource that is Life Giving water. My God supplies for my emotional needs as I wait for Him to supply healing and restoration. My God comforts me when there aren't any arms to wrap themselves around me and pray with me, pray for me. My God is strength when I feel like I would have fainted, he lifts me up, he carries me and he encourages me.


Psalm 27:13-14New King James Version (NKJV)

13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
14 Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!

My friend, Jehovah will strengthen your heart and comfort you. He will bring the healing if we seek Him. I do not give up believing His Word. We wait on the Lord. Sometimes, impatiently. Sometimes, crying out and loudly. Sometimes, tearfully and sometimes silently. We wait. I will wait on the Lord. Wait, my family, and my friends. God is faithful.





Comments