THROUGH THE DARKNESS

It is easy to believe and have faith when the world is a beautiful place and all is well. But is it also possible to hold on to hope when that very world spins out of control and throws you into a darkness that seems to appear ever so unexpectedly? Darkness is a place where light is diminished and the sorrows of the heart seem multiplied. This is part of the journey I am learning to walk every day. Some days holding on is very easy. Other times I find myself weary, but I continue to walk in faith and trusting God who is greater than any dark moment that shows up.
Darkness represents the hardships and trials that show up unwanted. 


I find myself in that place sometimes. Darkness and despair show up every now and then. Oh, my goodness, did I write something wrong? Maybe you think Christians, real Christians don't go through difficulties like that? Why then would God leave us with promises that He will walk with us through the valley of shadow and death? Has He not promised to send the Comforter to bring us through the darkest night?



Walk with me. I told you from my first blog that you're invited to walk with me through my life. Maybe it's like yours.



You see, I'm a mom with a son who has Type 1 Diabetes. I hear you loud and clear as you say that I'm not the only one with a child facing this monster every day. You're completely right. Yes, you're also right to say that some people have it worse than I do. If you're in my shoes, then waking up at all times of the night is not new to you. Up at midnight, checking the sugar levels, especially if it was either high or low just before bedtime. You try to create a routine but it never stays the same. The internal alarm clock of my mind awakens me at 2:00 or 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning. 
Or, is it the Lord waking me up, giving me the urgency to check on him? Almost always there is a reason.
 I've been awakened many times to find my son with extremely low blood sugar levels where I've had to act quickly and effectively, very quietly, so not to disturb the rest of the family sleeping nearby. After that, its usually difficult or impossible to go back to sleep until I am sure he is fine. Maybe your life is a little like mine. Maybe your child is often sick or all hell breaks out in your home for no reason. We have to be able to talk about the things we go through so that we can also share the victory that comes when we put our faith in God's Word. We need to share what God does in our homes and families and not be afraid of what someone may think.


Many times, darkness has been heavier than night as I wrestle with sleep knowing my son wasn't feeling well. It is here where my journey is hard as I live through the darkness, feeling exhausted, sadness and anger many times taking over. This journey takes me to the cross and that is where I hope you go, too. For only there will we be able to command the darkness and all it brings to leave. It is there we tell sickness to abandon its hold in Jesus Name.

My dear friend, when darkness comes  I pray. I pray for healing and I wait. The healing will be complete one day, but I believe God has begun his work.
Do not go crazy trying to figure out why some Christians go through this and others don't. Don't start analyzing every situation and look for hidden sin, becoming a judge and an accuser. That is the enemy's job.

Jesus said, "In this world you will have trouble and tribulation, but take heart, I have overcome the world."

God's answer and help reach out through the darkness.  I wait through the darkness of my moments and know that Christ intervenes and breathes life into my son. He will live and declare the glorious works of the Lord! He will accomplish what The Lord has begun in his life and God will bring to pass every great thing he desires in his life. As you pray, God will do great things in your life and in your family, too. 
Will you believe with me, tonight?




Are you struggling in the darkness? Are you dealing with sickness in your home,  drugs,  mental illness, personal drama, thoughts of divorce or even suicide? In this darkness, You can call upon the Lord Jesus and I guarantee that there will come a change in the atmosphere of your home and situation. 




Do not lose hope. Do not lose your faith. Hold on. I am asking you to continue to believe. I don't want you to pity my situation. I want you to hold on just like I hold on and be sure of Who you believe in and In who you place your trust. God will show up. God is with us through it all.
Let's pray together,


Lord, you know each parent that is in a difficult place right now as they take care of a sick child. I raise their cry and their prayer to you. You are the Healer and the Deliverer! Nothing is impossible in your Presence. Lord, you know the hurts, the disappointments, the anger and the despair in each home. You know the person that wishes they could just end their life or run away and disappear. 


Their life is hurting but you can take every pain and every tear and bring healing. I pray for a great visitation in every home, in every life, in every situation. Remove the darkness, be there at night when it gets really hard and we feel alone to face the darkness. 



Lord, I will trust in you and wait upon you for my son. 

I join with others to pray for their sick children, for their needs. 

Thank you, Lord. 

I place my hope in you and believe you are the Great God that will come through, in Jesus Name. Amen.

 Thank You, Lord. 




                                             Enjoy this video

Feel free to add your comment or prayer request in the box below.

Comments