ARISE WITH COURAGE

 
By Angeline M Duran Santiago


  Courage. This word put me to sleep last night. It echoed in my mind and in my heart. Have courage. Be courage. Hold on to courage. I don't think this word is just for me. It's for every member of my family. It's for those that I call friends. It's for those I don't know but long to reach out to. Courage.

According to merriam webster and google courage is strength of mind to carry on in spite of danger, the ability to do something that frightens one, and strength in the face of pain or grief. Wow! I was blown away this morning as I looked up the word that lulled me in my bedtime. If I place my name in that sentence, or yours. it means something powerful is going on in our thoughts, in our minds and heart.

Days are here and will come when you will have to put on your shirt, pants, and shoes of courage. In the face of pain or grief, your courage cannot die, it can't faint, or disappear. So, let's review an old elementary class lesson and look at words to see if you can understand what I want you to see about yourself today.

So, let's look at synonyms (words that mean the same as courage):
bravery, courageous, pluck, valor, fearlessness, nerve, daring, audacity, boldness, grit, heroism, gallantry, has guts, spunk, cojones, balls. tenacious, high-spirited, Trojan, backbone, brave, bold, determination, dauntlessness, fortitude, heart, lionheartedness, nerve, prowess

Now, let's look at the antonyms (words that are the opposite of courage):
afraid, cautious, cowardly, delicate, fearful, gentle, timid, unadventurous, weak, yielding, meek, mild, shy, fainthearted

So, which words do you want to grab and put into your carry bag? Synonyms of antonyms? Choose. Which one is "You"?

Deuteronomy 31:16 "Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them; for the Lord they God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."

I don't see any antonyms that describe me or you, except cautious, (it's good to be careful) but here it's referring to valor! I actually don't think there's anyone that wants to be categorized with antonyms for courage. In order to walk boldly believing and proclaiming this scripture today, you're going to have to decide where you fit in. If we were making a line and you had a name written on paper, then placed on your shirt, what would be the words or name on your shirt? 

On which line would you run to stand in? Where would you classify yourself when they said, "On your mark, get set, Go!" In what group would you fight to belong to? Courage. Run to the group that holds on because they believe in the promise that the Great I Am is with them and will never forsake them. 


1 Chronicles 28:20And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD.”



Psalm 31:24Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.”


My shirt today says, "Courage." I see the banner being waved asking all who will trust in the Great I Am to come and join them. I rush to that group that represents Courage. I join myself to those that believe Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. I stand with those who proclaim, "I will not deny you." "I will trust in You." "I believe." I leave you with this word....

                                    COURAGE



Comments