EXPECTATION AWAKENS

By Angeline M Duran Santiago





We awaken each day to face the world with all its shortcomings and blessings all mixed together like vegetable soup. Sometimes we give thanks upon our bed, we kneel by our pillow side, or just stretch our arms and back as we walk out of the bedroom and begin getting ready for the day.


Well, you know how it goes. Daily rituals and routines can be, well, just that, an endless circle of knowing what comes next, non-stop. 

But, what if, just for a moment or a day, or an hours, we awaken our senses to the unexpected? Then expectation awakens! And we're up for anything, almost anything, right? Think about it?

I choose to wake up and believe God's healing is working in my children's body. I declare that my expectation is full force today and I place my trust in the Lord. God moves in those areas of their bodies I cannot enter. Every auto immune problem, healed and transformed in Jesus Name! After all, He promised it, I didn't. So, my expectation is awakened, alive, and full of hope.

I choose, I don't know about you, but I choose to go out and be positive throughout the day. Yes, Yes, I hear you. If you know me there's a lot of junk still going on and I could complain and even sing, "Boo Hoo, Woe is me." But, No! Heck no! You kidding me?
I choose to be positive, to be grateful, to be full of purpose and meaning, to hug my kids and kiss them and encourage them. I choose to love my husband who can be a great pain in the behind sometimes, not that I'm an angel, but I choose to love and forgive and laugh, Yes, I choose to laugh!

I choose to smile while I'm on the train or the bus. Crazy? A little. I choose to see the goodness in everyone, even in the student that misbehaves and acts out, because I don't know what is going on at home, in their little mind and heart. 

I choose to be an example before my co-workers and to honor Christ in all I do. I choose to love my family even when I disagree on their choices, so then I pray, but above all, I choose to love them and be there for them. 

The alarm clock has rung. Your cell phone's alarm is singing away. Make a decision. Wake up grouchy and without a purpose, or allow expectation to awaken and let me know what happens.

If you're encouraged in any way, share this blog and bless others.


song, Strength Will Rise as we Wait Upon the Lord, Chris Tomlin, You Tube video

Comments