MOVING FORWARD

By Angeline M Duran Santiago

I started to write about the past and I decided to delete everything, even the title.

It's not worth it!

Lingering in the past, what has been lost, or who hurt who is not going to bless me nor you the reader. It's not. Right?

So, let's see. Something that will bless you and me.....

Moving forward.


It's hard and you don't have to tell me about it. I know it.

But, we can do it. It's not like we have a choice. Right? Or do we? I don't. I can stay here moping and reliving the hurts and the let downs of the past or I can see that the sun will rise again tomorrow and I can either rise with it and keep going or just hide in the shadows and slowly die.

God has a plan, a better plan, a bigger plan. We just can't see it. I surely don't. But I am going to trust in Him. I am. I will. I hope you will, too. It's better than reliving the down moments of yesterday's failures and heartbreak. It's not going to make life better. I'm telling you, it won't.

Forgive. Forgive those who hurt you and cross the street of forgiveness and move on. Move on.

Let go and let God. Let God do through you and in you what no one can do. Let go of what they said and what they did. Who are "they" anyway? It doesn't matter because you know what I learned? "They" don't even have the brain and heart to know that "they've" hurt you. So why are you and I still worried and reliving those memories when the dumb ones who messed up are living their lives all happy? Let it fall into God's hands and move on.

A lot of things are going wrong? Join the club. I get you and I understand you. Thing is....A lot of things are going right. It's what you choose to focus on. God is going something new. You may have lost a lot. You may not be where you thought you would be, but you're still in God's hands. You're still in His plans. You're still in His mind.

That's the best place to be. 

So, what are you going to do now? Good. Move on. Get up and start a new. God has something great waiting for you and me and we just have to go and make it happen.

Lord, help us to put our trust in you. Heal those hurts and memories that resurface every now and then. Help us to truly know we've forgiven and we can move on. Help us to love those who have offended us and to look forward to new relationships, new ministry opportunities, new jobs, new friends, and a happy life in you, no matter what comes our way. We thank you, Lord, in Jesus name. Amen.


Comments