********What You Do To Me*******


Pick me up,
Don't push me down.
Hold me up
Don't let me fall.

Cheer me on,
Don't stand in my way.
Celebrate with you
Don't walk away.

Join me
Don't try to take my place.
Learn with me,
Don't work to remove me.

Love me.
But, love me for real.
Help me.
If your love's the real deal.

Protect me
When others speak against me
Surround me
Instead of joining in their deeds.

Embrace me
Instead of pushing me away
Acknowledge me
Instead of looking the other way.

Be my friend always
Not just when you need a favor
Be a real friend
Even if it means we stand alone- together.

Encourage me when I am seeking the Lord
Pray with me, Rejoice with me
Don't pretend to be for me
And then speak about me when I am gone.

You call me brother, You call me sister
You call me friend, You call me family
You act like you hate me
You are dishonest
With your words, you kill me.

You sing high praises
You lead the choir
You teach Sunday School
You preach each week

You push the faithful and mistreat them
Til they end up back on the streets.

You say you love me, I say you speak lies
Christ will soon return for his people
For some of us, we're running out of time.

Poem by Angeline M Duran Santiago

Comments