NOT AN ACCIDENT

By Angeline M Duran Santiago

Turn the internet radio on each day at 5:30pm, and most likely, you'll hear the DJ saying, "You're not a mistake." I think he's memorized this statement. He made it up so why not know it by heart. So, after a while, you sort of start saying it with him as he opens his radio program.

"You're not a mistake.
You're not an accident."

So many times we look at our lives and seem to see with more clarity the errors we've made.
We see our faults and the things we wish we could take back or do over.
We look at ourselves in the mirror, and all the negative voices loudly and boldly point out what needs improvement, what's not right and the fact that we're not that 16 year old kid anymore.
A million faults.
Overweight, deformity, crippling sickness, stuck in a wheelchair, dependent on medication, bed-ridden, stuck to a dialysis machine, locked up in the depression of your life.

You look in the mirror and all you see is the drama being played out inside of you, but that is all it is. A drama between you and God.

You and I say, "Look at me! Look at what's wrong! How can my life have purpose or reason to go on?"

"You're not an accident."

Yes, you may not be the cover model for Vogue or the next American Idol, but you are God's perfect creation, PERFECT. You are not a mistake. There is greatness and all that is in the Lord, all of it, lies within you and me. 

Why not command it to rise.

Lord, let your glory rise up in me today.
Let your presence rise up and come to life today.
Remove every hindrance, every wall I have built to keep your words of life out of my life.
Remove the boundaries I have surrounded myself with that keep me focused on the negative instead of the positive and the reality that I am not a mistake.

I was carefully crafted and planned in your mind.
When Jesus was on the cross, I was on his mind. He saw me way before this world could imagine me walking it's streets.

I am not an accident. I may be sick at times, weak at times, afflicted at times, and even unsure of what to do next, but I know my life is in Christ. Since I am not an accident on this planet, I have destiny, a reason to live and move to the next stage of my life-Victory. From victory to victory.

You are not an accident.
You have great purpose and God wants you to enjoy your
life and know that you are not alone. You can overcome the harsh situations that show up. You can walk on even in the hardest days. God is with you because He planned on hanging out with you a long time ago.
Lord, walk with me today. Sit by my side. Open my ears to hear your voice leading me on throughout this day.
Make yourself real to my children and let them see your love, your care and your protection. Open their eyes and heart to see their purpose and that you will be with them always. 

Comments