I HATE TO WAIT!

By Angeline M Duran Santiago

I hate to wait.
I mean, I hate waiting. Period.

I wait for my next paycheck.
I wait for the bus.
I wait for dinner to be ready.

I wait to go home.
I wait.

I wait to fall asleep.
Wait, I was so tired earlier and when I finally get in bed the sleep goes away.
So, I wait to feel sleepy again.

We wait to be born or to see our child come into this world.
We wait to find our perfect mate- or hope we do.

We wait to start school and then can't wait til school is over, right?
We wait to get to the end of a great book to only find out the ending sucks and we wish we would've never bothered with the book.
We wait to see a movie only to feel let down because the promo was the only great part.

We wait to see if there will ever be a change, a positive change in the world.
We wait.

We wait for nasty people with horrible attitudes at work to one day be nice.
(Yep, keep waiting forever with this one!)
We wait for the bathroom to be available.

We wait online to order a cup of coffee.
(I can smell the aroma now.)

I hate waiting for many things.
Some of those things include having to wait on the Lord.
Praying and waiting.
Waiting for answers to prayer.

I am counting on the LORD; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word.
Psalms 130:5


Lord, heal my son.
Lord, I'm waiting for my daughter's healing.
Dear God, my son is waiting for to be called for a job.
Oh, Lord, help my child make it into a great school.
Heavenly Father, is this the home for us?
Lord, should I make this purchase- today?

The questions go on and on?

The waiting seems endless.

Isaiah 40:31King James Version (KJV)
31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

And then God's word speaks out to me loud and clear that the delay is not to hurt me but for my good. It is needed because God knows the right time for all things.
Oh Lord, but waiting for healing in my children is so hard!!! I cry out at times and say, "Lord, my brothers, my family, Lord, they've been sick for so many years. When will you heal those that have cried out to you and serve you?" He is silent. It means wait. Then, I understand that maybe the healing has come already and it will be manifested in time. I don't know it all, but He does.

Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD.Psalm 27:14

God has a plan for you. Do not be discouraged. Yes. You are waiting. You have prayed for that apartment and you need to move. You are struggling at work. Your marriage is going through some hard times and you wait for God to work in your life. But, God is at work in every area of your life.

Wait.
It's just a little longer.
God will come through.
God loves you.
Don't give up!
I'm waiting, too.
I'll wait with you.
We'll wait together.

As we wait we shall see God's glory.
In Jesus name, Amen.





Comments