Turn the news or the radio on, and it's almost as if there's this sense or feeling that the COVID pandemic, a crisis that never left the news or our lips just a few weeks ago, is in something like a stand still. People are vacationing. Many say that life has returned to normal. Plans are being made again. Vaccinated people throw it in your face if you're not vaccinated and walk around like they're untouchable. Some people wear masks and some don't. Those not wearing a mask look at those wearing them as if something is wrong with you. There is a sense of false peace, but I think there's a storm a brewing. 

Come sit with me for a day and I assure you COVID has not disappeared. With or without vaccines, COVID is still rampant. Where it is not infecting and causing havoc, the evidence that is passed through and left a trail of tears is without question in the many families around me and in my own home. If humanity chooses to change and become vain and proud due to who is vaccinated or who did not get COVID, how sad it will continue to be for those who have experienced great losses, not only in their workplace or their own health, but the loss of their loved ones also. The long term effects of those whose lives have been completely scarred and changed will never be the same. The new normal is unknown for so many who are still dealing either with COVID, the long term effects, the death of someone, or any other disease, sickness, death or trauma they've experienced this past year and present. We need love to get us through.

Love is not proud. When I read the quotes love is love, I try to understand it because love is not love just because of a desire, a lust, a motivation to be defiant in your sexuality, or because you want to prove what you are. Love is sacrificial and goes above and beyond to show itself in actions, in the giving of ourselves and our time. Love is there on the other side of the phone praying with you, crying with you, or listening to you when all you can do is be silent. Love is there leaving groceries and medicine at your door. Love is present taking care of your children, cleaning your home, changing the beds, and handling your hundreds of emails and mail that have piled up while you were laying on a hospital bed. Love is shown in the person that, even in their own pain, stands with you and by your side to help you get through the crisis, never leaving you alone.

I saw love through the lives, the words, and the actions of my mom and dad, my daughter, my sons, my sister-in-law and my brothers. I heard of how they gave without asking anything in return. Love was given by my parents, my kids, my sister-in-law and my son and daughter-in-law as I heard of them cleaning my home, as they looked after my kids and looked out for me. I saw love in action through friends reaching out to my kids. I experienced love through texts of those who had an idea of what my husband and I were going through with COVID in the hospital. Their love became my strength to keep going.

I saw love in the friends and family that gave from where they themselves were struggling to help us during hard times. I saw love in the actions, the love, and the prayers of colleagues, co-workers, and old friends. There was no condemnation in their words, just strength and hope renewed. I felt their love, God's love through all they did for my kids and for me when I was in the hospital and could not attend my husband's funeral service. Their love filled my room, my heart, and I was strengthened.

COVID may seem silent but it is still harassing many. For those like me, long haulers, struggling to attempt to return to normal is a daily battle. It is the love of my family and friends, but especially my parents and my children, of my family, that keeps me on my feet, and enables me to get stronger and never quit. I hope and pray you have a circle of family and/or friends that are loving on you during your difficult times, your "right now" hardship. I pray that you are not feeling alone during your difficulties.

My heart goes out to so many dealing with the effects that we are going through even after testing negative. All these things happening to our bodies as if we're never going to recover. In it all, I hold out my hands with faith, I lift them upward to heaven believing that God will fill them with his goodness. I choose to believe that God's healing will be poured out upon me and upon us, in His time. In His time, we will walk strong again. We might not be the same person before COVID, but our purpose will not change. There is still so much for us to do and God will give us the strength, the healing in our bodies and in our minds, to complete the tasks He has given us to complete with our children, our family, and our job as well as His calling and His will in our life.


Do you feel like your life, your home, has been tossed in the sea? 
You and I have come to the waters. The enemies were behind us or in our midst. Sickness came, COVID came, we lost work, we lost our loved ones, and many times, we lost our faith for a moment and even wished for God to take us home also. You and I were pushed to the waters and the stress and the pain of this world dared us to give up. We came to the turmoil of the great sea in front of us and at the very last moment when so many of us almost gave up or perhaps even threw in the towel and said, "GOD! HAVE MERCY!" We walked through the waters and He walked through them with us. 

God didn't promise us a life without the storm, but knowing what life was going to throw at us, His word left this for us saying, "When you walk through the waters, I will be with you." (Isaiah 43:2)

You wake up and you're dealing with the after effects of COVID, or Diabetes, Cancer, Lupus, Heart Disease, Prostate Cancer, and so many sicknesses and diseases that linger in this world. You wake up and deal with sadness, loss, insecurity, depression, sadness, feeling lonely, fear and wondering about tomorrow, about the future. You wake up and all seems negative and you feel the waves pulling you down, you can't breathe and you try to swim against the current. 


God shall walk with you and me through the waters. You and I will make it. We will not drown but we will see and experience the goodness of the Lord. When this is all over, we will have a praise and a worship in our hearts and in our lips that no one but you shall be able to sing or give. Your experience will be unique because you ended up floating, and resting on the waves, and swimming in the turbulent sea, and finding yourself in God's arms when the storm put the sea into a rage. We are not alone. We will make it through this hard place.


God will walk with us through and in the waters. And, when you and I pass through the rivers, through the waters, they will not sweep over you. The waters will now crash upon us to keep us down. You're not down for the count. And, if you get to a place where you feel you're drowning and can't rise up, God will send you help. He is with you. His love will make a way to keep you during the hardships you encounter.

Lord, I come to you and ask you to touch the brokenhearted. Lord, heal every person's body that is afflicted with sickness, with an incurable disease or virus. Lord, heal the bodies that are in pain, that are in need of your touch. Help restore the bodies that are in therapy and strengthen them to move again, to walk and run and move without pain. 

God, many don't know real genuine love. Rain your love in their homes and in their lives today. Place people in their lives who will help them and love them always. Lord, allow them to see you, to know you, to know your Love.

Lord, I come to you and ask you to touch the minds of all those who shall read these words. Remove depression and sadness. Remove confusion and doubt. Lord, restore the ability to remember. Father God, I ask you to restore memories and put an end of brain fog, to forgetfulness, to a lack of focus and concentration.

Dear Lord, I come and ask you to have mercy on the elderly, on children who are sick, Lord, heal all manner of afflictions and infirmities. Lord, let this world see your glory. Father, I ask you in Jesus Name to restore your love and peace in homes where there is division, or strife. Lord, heal the hearts where someone has passed away suddenly due to sickness or violence. Lord, as they walk through the dark waters, let them feel your hand holding them through every moment.

Lord, restore us and prepare us as we get ready to return to lead our families, as we return to the workplace, to be leaders in our communities, and return to learning, to our careers, to college or any training program. Gift our minds the ability to understand, to learn, to think and make wise decisions. Bless the work of our hands dear God.

Lord, let love be greater than anything else in this world. If they know you, they will know love for you are love. You are the Love this world needs. Not a part time love or a momentary love based on the flesh, but a forever, strong and eternal love that will never let us go.

In Jesus Name, Amen.

In His Love, Angeline


Comments