We All Need Him

When I was younger, I wondered about a lot of things that I was going through as a believer, as a wife and mother. I went before the Lord to share things in my heart that only He knew and I could not share with anyone else. Many times my heart was broken and I felt at a loss. It was in those times that I learned to just cry out to the Lord and trust Him. He alone could understand. It took a long time for me to truly see what God was teaching me through those difficult years. I learned that God sees me, the real me, and loves me in my mess and struggles. I learned that when we are ready to give him our complete devotion, He will move in our lives, anoint us and use us even when we are going through the trials of life.
Other things I learned later on. I wish I had been able to have had my eyes and the undestanding in my heart to have seen things through the lens of heaven. How differently many things could have been if I would have been able to always seek the Lord first in every situation. Some lessons I learned later on, as I got older and I wish I could have experienced these "aha" moments in my youth. I learned that we are called to walk in forgiveness. The message of the gospel is all about being forgiven, being restored to a relationship with God. Jesus' death on the cross was all about paying a debt I could never pay because it is a debt that happens in our hearts, in our bodies, in our minds, and in our life. Since the Lord has provided Himself in my place, I choose to learn to walk in forgiveness, in love and I try to be patient and kind and all that Corinthians 13 tells me I should be. He is love so His love should be real in me.
In the moments where my faith faltered or grew dim, God's love and faithfulness kept me together. In those moments where my imperfections were brighter than the sun and I did not have the desire to walk in love or forgiveness, God showed up and clearly spoke to my life. You see, I cannot profess to know the Lord and be doing His will and walk with all the ugliness in my life. So, He healed me of emotions and moments that only He knew about. We all have them. The marriage that is falling apart. The traumas that haunt us into old age. The sickness that refuses to leave our bodies alone. Our minds racing and never finding peace or an end to the depression that binds so many. And here is where making the choice to believe God in the middle of the mess comes to play. If we say His Word is true then we need to make a choice and walk out of our lifeless shell of religion and step into the freedom and life found in truly surrendering to the Lord. He is able to change us and our situation. I have seen it. I have lived through it.
I have seen marriages become whole again. I have seen joy return in relationships. I have seen what was dead come back to life and be restored. I have lived it. I have seen families united and love change it all. I have been there when the breakthrough came. I experienced it in my own life. God is faithful. He is powerful. He is all we need when we think we cannot overcome the stresses and issues of this life.
God remains True. His plan for us is still out in the open and we can still see it happen. Lord, help us draw near to You and to be willing to be emptied out of ourselves and be filled with You, Holy Spirit. Do a new work in us, dear Lord. We need you today and every day. Move in our lives. Transform our children and lead them in your path. Renew our hearts to be passionate about seeking You. Always, in Jesus name. Amen.

Comments